Work in one of our schools
We see it as part of our mission to encourage young people to become involved in education in schools. If you are in your second year at University or your final year we might find you opportunities for volunteering or internships. Let us know about you and your ambitions and we can start a conversation about opportunities.
Even if you haven’t started your degree yet why not let us know about your interest and we can keep you updated with opportunities as they arise.
We currently have opportunities available in our schools as Cover Supervisors. We are looking for enthusiastic individuals who are able to use their own initiative whilst also being able to relate to and establish a rapport with young people. Cover supervision is a great step into teaching where you can earn a salary whilst finding out if you would like to commit. Your main responsibilities will include:
- undertaking whole class supervision in the absence of the class teacher
- setting work previously prepared by the teacher
- developing curricular knowledge as required by the school
- applying the school’s Behaviour Management Policy and reporting any difficulties to the supervising teacher/Head of Faculty
- setting homework previously prepared by the teacher
- undertaking observations of the students and contributing to student records.
If you are interested in applying to become a cover supervisor please contact us.
Find out more information about training to teach with us.
Come along to one of our Teacher Training Information Events where you will have the opportunity to speak with current and previous trainees, learn more about out training programme and the application process.
Tuesday 16 October 2018, 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm at Leventhorpe
Saturday 10 November 2018, 10:00 am – 11:30 am at Leventhorpe
These events are open to all but we encourage pre-booking.
If you are interested in our teacher training and are not able to attend one of the above events please do contact us to discuss our training in further detail.